This is a 6-session, interactive program to help people with chronic conditions, and their caregivers, overcome daily challenges and maintain active, fulfilling lives by taking a more active role in managing their health and their health care. Often, we do not recognize health issues and diseases that are chronic conditions including diabetes, high blood pressure, migraines, chronic back pain, and arthritis among other consistent long term issues that affect daily life. Participants learn about healthier ways to live, gain confidence and motivation to manage their health and feel more positive about their lives.
Participants meet weekly for six weeks with each session lasting two hours. The program provides participants with:
• Tools needed to manage symptoms
• Strategies to work with health care professionals
• Opportunities to set weekly goals for behavior change
• Safe and easy relaxation techniques and exercises
• Homework assignments to reinforce learning
• Assistance in developing a personalized plan that addresses their own needs and concerns.
Lesson Length: 6 sessions, each session is two hours
Audience: Anyone dealing with chronic (long term) health condition, caretakers or adults 60+.
Please contact Chanel Dupree at (201) 740-7069 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in more information or learning how to bring this valuable, timely and interesting program to your group or community.